Tuesday, August 21, 2007

GWEN STEFANI " THE SWEET ESCAPE TOUR" Live in Malaysia, 21st August 2007



OMGGGGGGG!!!!!! I just came back from the GWEN STEFANI concert at putra stadium, bukit jalil and I wanna shout out "GWEN YOU BLEW EVERYONE THERE AWAY"!!!! I have never felt soooooo HIGH in a concert for a long time. I haveta admit it was way better than avril lavigne in singapore. This was really a SWEET ESCAPE!!! AMAZING AND EXHILARATING PERFORMANCE. Gwen really got upclose and personal with her audiences. JUST LOVE the way she relates to her audiences. That's what I call a performer. OHH and about those student malay union or something who wanted to BAN this concert. F u guys .... too bad the whole ridiculous 'gwen is too hot for malaysia' obscene shit issue y'all brought out flopped. I am glad gwen insisted to go on with her show with a bit more cover up on her costumes. Less skin bad news for us but hey at least we have the show. the concert rox!!!OK details:-


The concert was suppose to start at 8.30p.m and I reached about 7.30 so I went for a lil stroll around and picked up some souvenirs (concert tags) , bumped into heng wern AGAIN!!! and something farny happened: I felt a bit thirsty so I walked to a store to grab a bottle of mineral water..the guy charged me a ringgit but I only have 5bucks..but unfortunately/fortunately he had no small change. He said "OK Nevermind its ok..u drink it and you pay me later, if you remember, if u dont, its ok WE ARE MALAYSIAN". SEMANGAT MERDEKA in the air for him. I was like "ERRR, THANX" and went off because I am gonna be late for the concert hahaha. If only there are more malaysians like that pak cik(uncle). How nice would malaysia be?


OK erherm back to the concert. I went in and sat about 30 min . i have an announcement :malaysians are natural late comers. The show was suppose to start at 8.30 and half the stadium was empty, it was'nt until 9 when more than half the stadium was full and the concert began. First up was the song "SWeet Escape" ..I got that full song performance on video AWESOME!!! but then camera not enuf memory sooo that's all I have, pics were effing blurry . Then she went on to perform (err let me recall): "4 in the morning" that's my favourite, "Rich Girl" , Hollaback (the crowd went WILD with this song I mean WILD " ITS BANANAS, B-A-N-A-N-A-S"), then there was "WIND IT UP", "COOL", "Wonderful Life"( SHE SAId:" this song is about a guy that i like very much back in high school") , then there were a couple of songs more can't recall (was standing and screaming too much) . Then, she stopped and introduced the dancers/bands and disappeared. The crowd went berserk and shouted for encore "WE WANT GWEN" and then she appeared again saying " This song is for the KING himself, KINGSTON, he is the most delicious liltle thing...." and she started singing (forgot what song) and wrapped up with "WHAT YOU'RE WAITING FOR". Took a bow with her band and dancers and left. The concert lasted about one and a 1/2 hours. I haveta say WORTH EVERY SINGLE PENNY!!!! and OHHH!! Somewhere in the middle of the show...OMG I heartbreak maxx, I feel like hitting myself on the head .. take a look at the seating plan 1st:



Look closely at the plan.. see the 2 red circles and labels I pointed out in the YELLOW rows. The place I SAT labeled "SAT HERE" was at the block nearest to the stage and check out the other block I circled at the end of the stadium and labeled GWEN. Both places cost the same RM285. Clearly the place I SAT had a better view..and obviously common sense when you buy the tics u would want the nearest view. No doubt the seat labeled "GWEN" had a centre view but then again its soo much further from the stage right? So at the very moment I was buying the tics, the block I SAT was full, there was only a few rows left, so I picked the best seat there. Whereas, at that time of my purchase of the tix, those seats I circled and labeled "GWEN" was totally empty, front (the 1st) row seats were EMPTY and I DID"NT TAKE IT. NOW I REGRET TO THE MAXXXIMUMMMMM!!!!!


This was what happened: Halfway through the show, GWEN STEFANI got off the stage ran across the stadium to the place I circled and labeled "GWEN" on the seating plan and got onto a platform and shouted "I would like to do another song for u guys! but its a conditional one! The only possible way I would consider to do another song is for u to sing with me and sing with me as loud as u can. U promise?" and she turned and said something to the cameraman and climbed up to the railings leaned towards the rails and shook and grab the audiences's hands and then WHAT THE!!! she stayed there and sang the whole song "COOL", while everyone on that side (well maybe first few rows of ppl seating there) got to brush shoulders and grab her. CRAP THEY WERE SO CLOSE TO HER!!!! HOW CLOSE ..See this pic and the video and judge for yourself (ITS a bit blurry)... I AM SOO HEARTBROKEN I DID"NT CHOOSE THAT PLACE..i got the nearer view and yet SO NEAR YET SO FAR........(the perfect phrase to describe my feelings when I was seating in my place helpless). SIGHSS!!!



SHE was singing for at least 3 min standing and running around that area. I cannot imagine how those people who bought those 385 bucks ticket feel..those people up there pay half less and they got too brush shoulders with GWEN for 3 minutes.. BUMMER . At least, I pay the same price as those people in that area. SO guys!! THAT'S FATE!!! WHO WOuld have thought she woould run and climb all the way there. Lets just say she understands the audience well.. those people who were sitting there were latebuyers and they must have felt they sat sooo far away and paid a fair amount of money for this tic. Nobody wanted the ticket in that area on earlybird session. So, GWEN decided to proof all these people including me WRONG and performed for 3 min in that area, shaking and tagging hands of the audiences there while all the people(including me) who bought tickets nearer to the stage could do nothing but watch and feel jealousy and heartbroken. FATE!!! FATE!!! ITs allright....


AGAIN!! I love the way GWEN STEFANI relate to her audiences.. I went to avril's concert, really she did'nt relate to her audiences that well.. AVRIL just started with a "HELLO SINGAPORE" and finally "GOODBYE SINGAPORE" and took off. We were like huh??? did the concert just end, that was so sudden. At least GWEN did a lotta communication.. really sweet. She started with "SELAMAT DATANG" and she struggled with some malay words , think she was trying to say "MANA KASIH SAYANG SAYA" and "TERIMA KASIH" of course.
She said outloud to the crowd, " HELLO MALAYSIA, I just wanna tell you I am inspired right now. THERE IS A VERY GOOD REASON WHY I CAME HERE TONIGHT, I REMEMBER from the last time this being a very loud, very amazing audience to play for, lets see where are they, where are my malaysian fans and I just wanna tell everyone at the back I can see you all the way up there, all the way at the back" .


" YOU KNOW WHERE I VISITED TODAY, you see KINGSTON"S stepgranparents (meaning gavin rossdale's stepfather/mother) live here and I went over to visit them and get some tasting on some delicious malaysian food, and so, in a way I am a Malaysian too!!! I am proud to say that!! Unfortunately this is the last stop for my ASIA tour..and the great thing about being able to do this touring is that I am able to see and experience the culture and today I am and I appreciate you guys coming here". -GWEN STEFANI-


SHE ROXXXXXX BABEH!!! I swear mann if I have another chance to watch her perform I will and I hope the next time it'll be somewhere away from malaysia. I am sure her concerts abroad at the states and UK will be WAYYY BETTER, but somewhere with a smaller indoor stadium like singapore will be da best. I found out some videos on her singapore gig on the 14th of august. THAT WAS SOOO CHUNNN !!!! SHE WENT INTO THE CROWD AND SANG THERE!! (check out the video below) . FATE!! FATE!! FATE!! and HAVE FAITH!! FAITH!! FAITH!! I keep telling myself that, one day I'll have another chance to experience that. By the way STADIUMS in the states are tooo big and concert tickets sells out crazy fast. As for the U.S stadiums , I would kill for a seat in the US open right now for any match that includes sharapova, henin, ivanovic,federer,nadal, djokovic and of course the charming marat safin. SIGHSS!!! but for now I am still in the memories of my sweet escape of GWEN STEFANI's concert..


GWEN STEFANI ROXXXX!!! This is a date to remember 21st august 2007: Gwen stefani "THE SWEET ESCAPE TOUR" Live in Malaysia, Putra Indoor Stadium.


P.S: Check out the three postings from youtube: 1 from the malaysia gig another 2 from the singapore one and you'll know why concerts outta malaysia is always better!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home