Saturday, June 23, 2007

my first month as an intern... SLAVERY

Ok ppl.. back with updates. Highlight of the month, nothing except working like a slave doing donkey jobs. Let me recall.. in my last posting, I actually sounded really excited about the internship at citibank. I was actually anticipating of what is in stores for me..and I even started the internship one day after my exams. I seriously whole heartedly REGRET to the maximum in taking this internship up so fast. I should have relax for 2 weeks and then start on this crappy job. Seriously, i don't know where to begin with to describe and complain. Nothing in this internship is worth in devoting soo much time and effort and money, accept for the fact that I needed the word Citi to appear in my CV. PPl if I don't turn up for work a day, i could actually save up 7 bucks. Ok details about my job. Here we go...

Basically what i do, in short donkey jobs. Eloborations. First week, i devoted my entire time in checking 1500 pages of forms, I don't even know what they are for. Its complicated, some beuracratic process they just cannot get over with. I am soo proud of myself for completing 1500 pages of forms in a week. Though, for them it was darn slow, but anyways I finish that crappy task. Mission accomplished on that, I was soo relieved UNTIL more forms came in but I managed to drag myself to complete everything. Then, in comes all the photocopying task and the document delivery to diffrent levels everyday. So, a typical working day now is photocopying like a robot and getting in an out of an elavator for at least 8-9 times a day. I am soo sick of the elevators now. Then, there was the ever boring task of keying in data when I have nothing in my hands. Anyways , I got used to that after 1 month but the sucky stuff just won't stop coming. I am really starting to get frustrated. This week OMG I just got assigned to check on 3000 names. 3000!3000! I am feeling sick. The past 2 weeks I have been in front of the com non stop.

You might probably think by now, hey u're an intern what do u expect? STOP COMPLAINING!!! . BUT!!! seriously I am aware that interns are cheap labours but at least let us learn some stuff PLZZ. To be completely honest, this past month I have learn to be more efficient in photocopying and delivering stuff and keying data and checking stuff. Its not just me complaining , its the entire group of interns complaining. The company and their P and C stuff. I really cannot take it anymo. Darn uptight with giving task that can let us learn some stuff about the company. Every single thing is P and C. The WORSE thing I found out is. Those ppl working as temporary staff earn more than us interns and they do the same job as us. I feel like a dumbass, for applying as an intern. Interns are suppose to get paid less but learn more than temporary staff. I don't see there's anything I CAN learn, every damm thing is P and C. I might as well apply in as a temporary staff. Seriously, they really need to value interns. I mean what kinda person would get back to such enviroment to work after this kinda crappy work experience. Devise a proper internship programme please.

Above all that, as if my working life is not crappy enuf. Do the math, just like any other internship the satndard pay is 500. My petrol would take up 300, and my parking fee RM 10 a day. So, that 500 is ngone. That means, I got no pocket money for lunch. Basically I am working for free for them. OK fine I can tolerate that. BUT!!! I cannot believe this has happened. This really is the cherry on top of ma cake. Ok here goes, this parking place I pay for 10 bugs every friggin day, is not exactly a proper parking space. Its actually an alley behind the LRT station. Broad alley, with loads of ppl walking in and out everyday. Can u imagine they charge 10 bugs for that, ok I parked my car nicely NICELY. Its already perfectly in da box, there are like 10 other cars who parked worse than me and I GOT HIT!!!! Imagine my luck. Can't blame that person entirely cuz those ppl in charge of the of the parking is just sooo brainless. All they ever think about about is to maximize the alley and ppl just squeeze their cars in every corner until it get to the point that it takes ages for ppl to reverse to get out of the blardee place. I mean c'mon use ur brains... accept the fact that there is no more space left, give up some space to let those parkers to at least reverse their cars. Ok done with that.. back to the person who hit my car. First of all, if it was'nt for what she pulled off with this hit and run thing, I would'nt blame her for hitting my car as the alley was soo cramped.

The scenario was like this: As usual everyday I parked in the same parking place, payed 10 bucks and parked nicely. After work at 6, I got outta of the office and went to the parking booth to pay thee fees. All of a sudden, this dude in charge gave me a name card and told me some lady banged my car and she left a namecard with the her car number written on it. I was thinking.. OHH what an honest person.. the namecard states that person was from HSBC by the name of Esther and all the contacts needed. Then, I called HSBC to confirm that as to whether the person is working there. Then , my mum and I started calling her HP non -stop. She did'nt pick up all the way till 10.30. My mum got a call from her at last. She said that she WAS NEVER IN KL and HSBC did'nt do any promotion or roadshow there recently. BUT the thing is, the day before i got hit HSBC did do a roadshow nearby, which makes her explanation highly suspicious. PISSED MAX!!! after much talking or rather more like quarelling she still said that she was innocent and my mum find it pointless to talk to her over the phone anymo. Waste of time and money. We came to a conclusion that there are 2 possiblities:

CASE 1) Some biatch hit my car and gave a random card to get off the whole situation as she cannot possibly hit and run. There are always people walking in and out of the alley and its so cramped up. My car alarm should have gone wild.

CASE 2) Some biatch hit my car, my alarm went off and she got panicked, gave her card and then got back home to realize that she did a stupid thing of giving her name card / details and decided to deny everything in the end to get off.

WELLZ, Its still a mystery to me now. We don't even know whether the information in the namecard is accurate and that's y we did'nt go to the police. Ohh and you should know that any hit and run case should be reported within 24 hours. We were'nt sure about the info at that time. What if its a case 1 thing. We don't wanna drag and innocent person in to this crap. We are decent ppl. All I know was the person who hit my car was a lady driving a white iswara. The next morning, I went back to the site and had the person in charge of the parking yesterday ( my witness) to explain to me what happpened exactly and only during that time he told me that the car number was written by him not by the biatch who hit me. DUDE give more accurate info plzz.. yesterday he told me that the biatch who hit my car asked him to give the namecard and she wrote the car number down. BIG BIG diffrence.. he wrote the number down that means the number is 100% right, it does'nt matter whether its the right name card then. Sigh, by that time everything was too late. We have no choice but to let the culprit slip off. Bottom line.. if it is case 2 the lady who hit me is a biatch but if it case 1 then the person who hit me is an ultimate biatch. (pardon me for using the "biatch" word, I cannot help it).

Seriously, after all that's going on, I am proud of myself , I worked for one month and I am still around putting up with crappy work. Honestly, I was thinking of quititng after 1 week of work, but since I already got in to this THING.. I need this name in my CV might as well suck it up and get through this internship. I am gonna put up with it for 1 or maybe 2 more months probably. At least things are looking better now, though the task is sucky haha my workstation has shift to a all time perfect. A manager was off and the workstation was empty and I took it up. AHHH private corner, with some SUNSHINE thank god!!! A view overlooking the city. I suppose I can put up with this job for a month or 2. All I need is PATIENCE and TOLERANCE. Got myself so far, it will be a waste of effort if I quit now. BAd reputation. I need a good testimonial. Gotta Suck it Up!!! I am motivated all of a sudden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home